First and foremost, we hope that you and your family are safe and healthy, during these difficult times. There are some things that you should be aware of at our office. We have always taken Universal Precautions in our practice, to keep our patients, and our staff safe. These practices include, but are not limited to:
- Complete sanitizing of all operatories between patients
- Covering all areas of use with a barrier, including light switches, computer mouse, key pads, etc.
- All instruments are put through a rigorous State of the Art sterilization process.
- The Sterilization Process is tested monthly by and independent laboratory.
- Gloves and Masks are patient specific
- Doctors wash their hands upon entering the operatory
Since the COVID-19 outbreak, we have added some new precautions for our mutual protection:
We have implemented a series of measures for our patients’ safety that strictly follow OSHA and CDC standards of disinfection and sterilization.
- Brown and Brown Dentistry has HEPA air purifiers strategically placed throughout the office
- We are making sure that our patients spend limited time in common areas
- Magazines and brochures have been removed
- We are taking everyone’s temperature at check-in
More information about VidaShield air purifiers
VidaShield is a UV-C, antimicrobial, environmental air purification system. It combines an ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) chamber and air circulating fans with an overhead ceiling light.
The patented system uses UV-C light and filtration to draw in and treat environmental air. It reduces bacterial and fungal populations in treated air and reduces settling bacteria and fungi from treated air 24/7/365.
VidaShield can treat a volume of air equivalent to an 8’ x 10’ x 10’ room four times per hour and can be a useful component in facility cleaning protocols. VidaShield does not substitute for existing good building air exchange practices or manual cleaning and disinfection practices.