Do You Actually Have a Good Oral Hygiene Routine?
Healthy, good-looking teeth start with good oral hygiene. It’s a commitment that you have to make each day. As busy as your schedule may be, you still have to make time to brush and floss your teeth—it only requires a few dedicated minutes in the morning and at night. So, do you have good oral hygiene habits? Find out for sure when you visit Brown and Brown Dentistry in Pompano Beach, FL, and serving Lighthouse Point.
What Is Oral Hygiene and Why Is It Important?
Oral hygiene is ensuring that your mouth, teeth, and gums stay as clean as possible throughout the day. A clean mouth is a healthy mouth. The healthier your teeth and gums are, the less likely you are to be plagued with dental problems like gum disease and tooth decay. Basic hygiene techniques include brushing, flossing, and rinsing with mouthwash. Your Pembroke Pines, FL dentist can help with more intensive cleaning to maintain good hygiene, including professional cleanings and scaling and root planing.
How Good Is Your Oral Hygiene Routine?
Here are a few questions to ask yourself if you want to know if you have a good oral hygiene regimen:
– Do you floss your teeth before bed at night?
– When you brush, do you take care to reach all surfaces, front and back, and brush for at least two minutes at a time?
– Do you brush at least twice per day?
– Do you change your toothbrush every three months?
– Are your teeth free from plaque buildup around your gumline?
If you answered yes to these questions, you probably have a good oral hygiene routine.
Oral Hygiene Tips
Here are a few tips that can help you maintain your oral hygiene:
– Keep your toothbrush and floss by your bed at night so that you’ll remember to take care of your teeth before you go to sleep.
– If your mouth feels irritated or inflamed, rinse with warm salt water and see your Pembroke Pines, FL dentist for a check-up soon.
Good Hygiene Starts at Home and Continues at the Dentist’s Office
Your dentist is a key partner in your goal to keep up with good oral hygiene habits. The dental team at Brown and Brown Dentistry in Pompano Beach, FL, and serving Lighthouse Point, which includes Dr. Cindy Brown can help. Call today to schedule an appointment.